SAFER INTERNET DAY
This year's Safer Internet Day (SID) celebrations will take place on Tuesday, 5 February 2019. The campaign's slogan, "Together for a better internet", is a call to action for all stakeholders to join together and play their part in creating a better internet for everyone, and especially for younger users.
Keep an eye on this website, as well as the Better Internet for Kids (BIK) portal for the latest news about the campaign and please also visit our Facebook and Twitter profiles regularly for the latest news, and follow the #SID2019 and #SaferInternetDay hashtags.
As the big day approaches, make sure you raise awareness among your own networks - be it personal or professional, by using some of the social media posts, visuals and cover photos we have prepared for your convenience. You can download everything in the About section of this website.
Curious what will be happening in your country on SID 2019? Check our SID Committees' plans in the dedicated area 'SID in your country' and reach out to get on board any of their activities!
If you are curious about previous editions of the campaign, we invite you to have a look at what happened during the last campaign: find out how Safer Internet Day 2018 was celebrated in countries across the globe on the country and supporter pages, read the SID 2018 press release and public report, and explore the resources from previous campaigns. Check out the archive for information on all past SID celebrations.
See also the #SaferInternet4EU campaign information on the Better Internet for Kids (BIK) portal for further information on initiatives to create a safer and better internet.
* Safer Internet Day (SID) is organised by the joint Insafe-INHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission, with funding provided by the Connecting Europe Facility programme (CEF). Find out more about the EC's ‘European Strategy for a Better Internet for Children' on the Digital Agenda website.
As the big day approaches, we invite you to keep an eye on this section for the latest news and articles about the campaign:
- Youth – Get involved in Safer Internet Day 2019!
- Support the #SID2019 campaign on Twibbon
- 10 ways to get involved in Safer Internet Day 2019 (Ireland)
- SID 2019 in Denmark: digital rights and GDPR (Denmark)