Moroccan Center for Polytechnic Research and Innovation - CMRPI
About our SID activities
Here is the list of some actions scheduled for SID2024:
- Organisation by CMRPI of a SID 2024 awareness caravan in the rural environment (during February and March 2024), in partnership with the Ministry of Digital Transition, the Ministry of National Education, the Council of Europe, the Royal Gendarmerie, the Directorate General of National Security, AUSIM, as well as other interested partners.
- Awareness campaign on the secure use of the internet in schools, led by the Ministry of National Education, Preschool and Sports,
- Launch by the CMRPI of the digital e-vigilance initiative 2024-2027, for SMEs, under the aegis of the Ministry of Digital Transition, AUSIM, Kaspersky, with digital players, in April 2024
- The organisation of the CMRPI of the regional conference on child cybercrime and Artificial Intelligence, with the Ministry of Digital Transition, the CoE, DIDH, Kaspersky, universities and interested partners, in April 2024
- Study of the problem of sexual abuse when meeting children online this study will be implemented in Morocco by ICMEC in partnership with the CMRPI and the Council of Europe office in Morocco
- Launch by Espace Maroc Cyberconfiance of the helpline for the protection of women against cyber violence EMC-Helpline for women, from February 2024
- Publication of the manual for teachers and directors of youth centres on cyberviolence and cyberharassment (Arabic and French versions); this manual was developed by the CMRPI with the support of the Council of Europe. All activities will be published on the official Safer Internet Day Morocco page.
What we are doing to create a better internet:
With the spread of artificial intelligence technologies among children and young people, we wish for SID 2024 to raise awareness of the safe and responsible use of AI technologies.
The CMRPI is a research centre specialising in cybersecurity and online protection, a non-governmental, non-profit organisation which operates the helpline for the protection of children and women online in Morocco against cyberviolence and cyberharassment, a trusted partner of social media platforms, and also partners of government institutions, he coordinates the national committee of Safer Internet Day in Morocco since 2018, under the aegis of the Ministry of Digital Transformation and Administration Reform , with the support of the Council of Europe.