Icelandic Safer Internet Centre
Last updated: 2022-01-31
About our SID activities
For Safer Internet Day (SID) 2022, the Icelandic Safer Internet Centre (SIC) is planning multiple activities as follows:
- New educational models, i.e., on hate speech, fake news and digital citizenship, sent to all schools and schools encouraged to participate in SID.
- Media campaign concerning the SID message.
- Live online and interactive conference for students aged 9-13.
- Over five new educational videos promoted over the day.
- Over five new podcasts aimed at parents.
- TikTok youth participation campaign on online hate.
- Online open presentation on our new web and educational material available.
What we are doing to support the SID 2022 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
The Icelandic Safer Internet Centre is increasingly involving all target groups in developing policy, campaign material, and educational resources that are highly relevant to the SID slogan.
The Icelandic Safer Internet Centre (SIC) exists to promote a safer and better use of the internet and mobile technologies among children and young people.