Bangladesh Safer Internet Day Committee - ISOC Bangladesh
About our SID activities
We are awaiting an update on this SID Committee's activities for Safer Internet Day.
The Internet Society Bangladesh provides the local community with leadership on issues concerning the internet in and around public policy, education, awareness and standards and technology. With an aim to further advance the activities in Bangladesh, Internet Society Bangladesh will initiate to charter "Bangladesh Safer Internet Centre" for creating a safer and better internet for children and young people across the globe.
The multistakeholder initiative of "Bangladesh Safer Internet Centre" will deliver a wide range of activities to promote the safe and responsible use of technology:
- Coordinates Safer Internet Day in Bangladesh.
- Founded and operates an e-safety helpline for professionals working with children in Bangladesh.
- Develops new educational resources for children, parents and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing online environment.
- Delivers education sessions for children, parents, teachers and the wider children's workforce.
- Trains young people to be peer educators and role models in their school communities.
- Shapes policy at school, industry and government level, both in the Bangladesh and internationally, and facilitates youth panels to give young people a voice on these issues.