Chad Safer Internet Day Committee - HOUSE OF AFRICA
About our SID activities
Safer Internet Day (SID) 2020 actions in Chad include:
- Training workshop to 40 students (20 girls and 20 boys) from 10 high schools (Francophone et Arabophone) in Ndjamena on Saturday, 8 February 2020 at the Virtual University of Chad (UVT), consisting of three modules (computer training, how to do educational research on the internet, how to use social media safely). Another goal of the workshop is to provide young people with some useful tools to become digital ambassadors in their respective school.
- On 11 February 2020, a short meeting will be organised inside the Mayor of Hall Number 2 of Ndjamena to talk about how to use the internet for students and also to officially present the training certificates to the students. The Ministry Education official delegate of Ndjamena City will also be invited.
What we are doing to support the SID 2020 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
The internet is key and protecting our community is very important; it is for this reason that we support students so that they can know the benefits of the internet, and better know how to protect themselves online and to become a social media ambassador in their school.
HOUSE OF AFRICA is an organisation based in Ndjamena, Chad. Our goal is:
- To develop ICT in Africa.
- To contribute to achieving the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To promote youth, children and women.
- To contribute to the development of information and communication technologies (ICT), digital economy and internet governance (IG) in Africa.