Côte d'Ivoire Safer Internet Day Committee - FGI Côte d'Ivoire
About our SID activities
Safer Internet Day (SID) 2020 actions in Côte d'Ivoire include:
- Interactive exchange visit with young people in a high school and media coverage.
- Another objective of the workshop is to provide young people with useful tools and techniques to navigate safely and fight hate speech online - the latter of which we have seen increasing considerably on Ivorian social networks.
- Workshop to give a voice to young people from Côte d'Ivoire to share their experiences when using the internet.
- A radio and television programme on the dangers of social networks for children and young people.
What we are doing to support the SID 2020 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
The internet being a tool of development, it is for this reason that we support the youth so that they can know the benefits of the internet, and better know how to protect themselves online. If many of them have learned best practices, this can be disseminated throughout the community and we will have a better internet.
Post-SID round up...
FGI Côte d'Ivoire is a non-profit youth organisation involved in the ICT sector based in Abidjan (Côte d'Ivoire).
Our goal is:
- Promote the use and development of the internet in Cote d'Ivoire.
- Contribute to the reduction of the digital divide at all levels.
- Contribute to the development of information and communication technologies (ICT), the digital economy and internet governance (IG) in Africa.
- Promote respect for freedom of expression on the internet, net neutrality, respect for privacy and protection of personal data.