Fiji Safer Internet Day Committee - Safer Internet Centre Fiji
About our SID activities
- Delivering cyber awareness sessions for schools and development partners.
- Creating educational resources on online safety targeted towards women and girls.
- Developing resources and educational online materials (MOOC).
- Advocacy and awareness programmes and campaigns for educational sessions.
- Delivering online safety sessions to educators, young people, parents and carers.
- Research activities and developing guidelines and toolkits related to safer internet usage.
- Collaborating with individuals, communities, schools and all across various sectors to establish and promote proper internet etiquette and appropriate online behaviour.
- Representing Safer Internet Centre (SIC) Fiji at global events and international conferences.
- Conducting workshops on online safety for women and girls in the Pacific region.
- Creating anti-cyberbullying tactics and guidelines.
What we are doing to support the SID 2020 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
Our objectives in supporting the SID 2020 campaign are to:
- Promote gender empowerment and innovation for women and girls online.
- Implement measures to enable every citizen of Fiji to safely and securely use the internet.
- Prevent and tackle cyberbullying.
- Protect women and girls from online risks – building a safer and trustworthy internet environment.
- Combat violence against women and girls (VAWG) online.
- Tackle digital abuse and online sexual harassment.
At the Safer Internet Centre (SIC) Fiji, our main aim is to reach out to all citizens and help create a security and privacy culture in the country and the Pacific region as well. We work towards promoting internet safety awareness and empowering online safety for our citizens.
Together, we partner to protect the interest of users online, especially children who are vulnerable to online predators, bullies and trolls; by developing a protective network offering support and advice on how to become socially conscious and effective internet users, and enhancing cybersecurity capacity in the Pacific region.