Philippines Safer Internet Day Committee - Stairway Foundation Inc.
About our SID activities
Different partner organisations shall be conducting activities across February to celebrate Safer Internet Day 2020:
- Safer Internet Day for Children Philippines 2020 (Kick-off), 11 February 2020 (Tuesday), 10AM, Department of Social Welfare and Development Auditorium, Quezon City
- Saferkids Day, 22-23 February 2020 UNICEF, Stairway, PLCPD, DepEd and IACACP
- Break the Silence Network National Conference, 10-14 February 2020, Makati, Stairway Foundation and Break the Silence network
- Cyber Guardians: Pinoy's Guide on Digital Parenting, 13 February 2020, Plan International Philippines
- #ShutDownOSEC Campaign Media Launch, 11 February 2020, Child Rights Network
What we are doing to support the SID 2020 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
SID Philippines is calling upon all stakeholders, duty bearers and rights holders to work together for a better and safer internet in the country. Government, civil society and the private sector will take part in various initiatives to promote cybersafety across the country.
The Safer Internet Day for Children Philippines was signed February 2017 through Presidential Proclamation No. 417. As one of the advocacy platforms of Inter Agency Council Against Child Pornography (IACACP) it aims to:
- Raise awareness in pressing and emerging online child pornography and child protection issues;
- Increase awareness and understanding of the general public on current anti-child pornography and child online protection efforts and initiatives of the government, and civil society organisations and industries;
- Create an evidence-based and multi-sectoral approach among duty bearers and rights holders to create the necessary change for a better internet usage;
- Contribute to the knowledge base of service providers, partners, and stakeholders to address and combat online child sexual abuse and exploitation; and
- Encourage the participation of the general public.
In line with this year's international theme, "Together for a better Internet", IACACP's came out with the Philippine theme "Responsableng Paggamit ng Internet, SANA ALL!"