British Council Safer Internet Day Supporter
Last updated: 2022-02-02
About our SID activities
This year we will be sharing the materials from LearnEnglish Kids, LearnEnglish Teens and LearnEnglish with our global teacher network to ensure the online safety messages reach as many people as possible. Our TeachingEnglish website is also participating by providing lesson plans for English teachers covering the topic of online safety. Our social media channels will share online safety materials and information for teachers, parents and learners of English. We will also be participating in this event: https://www.britishcouncil.org/education/schools/education-exchange-digital-events/safer-internet-2022.
What we are doing to support the SID 2022 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
We work together with colleagues in our global network to raise awareness about safer online usage. The British Council has a global reach and our free online resources have been carefully created to cater for learners of all levels of English.
LearnEnglish Teens is the British Council's website for teenage learners of English. We provide free self-access online learning materials aimed at 13-17-year-olds who are learning English. Our sister site, LearnEnglish Kids, provides materials for 5-12-year-olds.
- Get involved in Safer Internet Day
- Did you ever post mean comments online?
- I like it - Safer Internet Day song
- School poster project
- Online safety poster
- Online safety conversation
- How to be a smart and safe searcher
- Your digital footprint
- FOMO reading
- FOMO writing
- Five internet safety tips video
- YouTubers and Twitch streamers share tips for Safer Internet Day
- Status of mind
- Technology addiction
- It's easy to click
- Abbie's bullying story
- You and your data
- Oversharing and your digital footprint
- Your image – your future
- Let’s fight it together
- The Filter Bubble (part 1)
- The Filter Bubble (part 2)
- The pros and cons of mobile phones
- We the Digital Citizens