Parents International (Stichting IPA)
About our SID activities
- Connecting parents and their associations on a global scale;
- Providing an international market place where parents can meet;
- Establishing a pool of experienced professionals, practitioners, trainers and researchers to support parenting development and child participation;
- Participating in projects that can contribute to achieving its goals;
- Offering examples of good practice to increase parents' involvement in education
- Working on stimulating, initiating, supporting and conducting research and development;
- Stimulating, initiating, supporting and executing projects and publications relating to its goals and aims;
- Providing materials, activities and training that help improve and professionalise the skills of parents' associations.
We are active experts of the Council of Europe in the field of digital age and have co-authored the guide on digital practices for parents of children aged 0 to 8 and an award-winning online training for parents on a number of topics including digital communication and social networks. We also published and promote a guide on responsible social media use and mediation in a number of languages including languages of refugees in Europe..
What we are doing to support the SID 2021 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
- supporting parents to become the best educators of their children;
- increasing parental involvement in all forms of education, with special focus on formal education, for thinking and acting together for education suitable for 21st century children in the post-PISA period;
- fighting illiteracy, promoting reading;
- equal opportunities for girls and women, and education of girls and mothers;
- supporting parents in becoming the main advocates of the rights of the child;
- the right to mother tongue and mother culture, even for migrants;
- digital literacy and living in the digital age;
- empowerment for active citizenship and participation;
- fighting xenophobia, hate speech, exclusion, and supporting inclusion for a peaceful future.