About our SID activities
On Safer Internet Day, we will be creating content on three levels:
- Public - Social Media: We will post pieces of advice and offer free tools in order to build a secure internet together, day by day.
- Private - Newsletters: We will send newsletters to those people who already are part of our database and receive our weekly news. They will have deeper insights about safer internet and will probably answer questionnaires to evaluate their own knowledge.
- Exclusive - SMARTFENSE platform: We will create content (training, newsletters, simulations, exams) that will provide personalised guidance to help users improve their habits on the internet. That content will be available on our platform, and administrators will be able to edit or distribute it to their own people.
What we are doing to support the SID 2020 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
Our platform was developed from scratch in order to achieve a real and permanent behaviour change in information security for end users. To meet that goal, we are constantly reviewing our content catalogs, updating texts frequently and adding new topics. We provide not only knowledge but also specific tools so that people can feel safe and act safer on the internet. For example: how to build strong passwords, how to recognise phishing or ransomware, what is BEC, etc.
Furthermore, we collaborate with several organisations also committed to creating a safer environment:
- Antiphishing.la: a website that provides online and updated information on Phishing cases, fraud and Internet scams in Latin America, www.antiphishing.la.
- The "No More Ransom" project: an initiative by the National High Tech Crime Unit of the Netherlands' police, Europol's European Cybercrime Centre, Kaspersky and McAfee with the goal to help victims of ransomware retrieve their encrypted data without having to pay the criminals, www.nomoreransom.org.
- Stop.Think.Connect: the global online safety awareness campaign to help all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online, www.stopthinkconnect.org.
Last but not least, we offer different resources that aim to inform and provide tools to improve our life on the internet, such as daily posts, magazine articles, and free webinars.
SMARTFENSE is an award-winning SaaS e-learning platform of information security focused on end users. By applying the latest trends and best practices in e-learning, contents are introduced interactively so users are motivated to achieve a real and permanent behaviour change. It is a turnkey solution, easy and quick to implement, with full coverage, accurate metrics, and a professional and pedagogical design. It also integrates a Phishing and Ransomware Simulation Tool to measure the effectiveness of learning modules and monitor the evolution of users' behaviour.
According to our mission as a RegTech and an awareness organisation, we strongly believe in the power of actions when people come together with a common goal. Therefore, we join this SID initiative and will carry out different publications that will provide accurate information to all users. Those activities will be held on the internet, through social media and via our platform.