About our SID activities
- Public - social media: We will post pieces of advice and offer free tools in order to build a secure internet together, day by day.
- Private - newsletters: We will send newsletters to those people who already are part of our database and receive our weekly news. They will have deeper insights about safer internet and will probably answer questionnaires to evaluate their own knowledge.
- Exclusive - SMARTFENSE platform: We will create content (training, newsletters, simulations, exams) that will provide personalised guidance to help users improve their habits on the internet. That content will be available on our platform, and administrators will be able to edit or distribute it to their own people.
What we are doing to support the SID 2023 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
- We conduct webinars oriented to CISOS in which we give tips and explain the benefits of executing an awareness plan in an organization.
- We periodically write blog posts with our own content on cybersecurity topics.
- In our social networks we publish daily specific content for CISOS, promoting the sending of phishing and ransomware simulation campaigns and helping them with ideas on types of campaigns they can run from our platform and what content they can share with their organization.
- We create Interactive Modules that combine different interaction methods, multimedia content, and GBL (Game-Based Learning). This allows the organization's users to assimilate the different training topics fluently and entertainingly.
What we are doing to mark the 20th anniversary of Safer Internet Day…
Our platform was developed from scratch in order to achieve a real and permanent behaviour change in information security for end users. To meet that goal, we are constantly reviewing our content catalogs, updating texts frequently and adding new topics. We provide not only knowledge but also specific tools so that people can feel safe and act safer on the internet. For example: how to build strong passwords, how to recognise phishing or ransomware, what is BEC, etc.
Furthermore, we collaborate with several organisations also committed to creating a safer environment:
- Antiphishing.la: a website that provides online and updated information on phishing cases, fraud and internet scams in Latin America, www.antiphishing.la.
- The "No More Ransom" project: an initiative by the National High Tech Crime Unit of the Netherlands' police, Europol's European Cybercrime Centre, Kaspersky and McAfee with the goal to help victims of ransomware retrieve their encrypted data without having to pay the criminals, www.nomoreransom.org.
- Stop.Think.Connect: the global online safety awareness campaign to help all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online, www.stopthinkconnect.org.
- Last but not least, we offer different resources that aim to inform and provide tools to improve our life on the internet, such as daily posts, magazine articles, and free webinars.
SMARTFENSE is the online Information Security training and awareness platform internationally awarded which develops safe habits in end users.
By applying the latest technological trends and best pedagogical practices in e-learning and gamification, contents are shown to users pleasantly and interactively to achieve a real and permanent change in behavior.
Our awareness platform also includes Phishing and Ransomware simulation components to measure the effectiveness of the actions performed and to know the development of users’ behavior objectively.
SMARTFENSE was created to give a full solution to organizations that are looking for a simple and quick implementation, with a coverage of all the topics and metrics that show behavior changes.