SAFER INTERNET DAY
This year's Safer Internet Day (SID) celebration took place on Tuesday, 5 February 2019. The campaign's slogan, "Together for a better internet", was a call to action for all stakeholders to join together and play their part in creating a better internet for everyone, and especially for younger users.
Curious what happened in your country on SID 2019? Check out the SID Committees' profiles in the dedicated SID in your country area. LIkewise, find out how many of the organisational supporters across the globe marked the day. We hope to update the profiles with campaign successes on the coming weeks.
Find other news from the day on this website, as well as the Better Internet for Kids (BIK) portal (BIK). Please also visit our Facebook and Twitter profiles to find out what happened using the campaign hashtags of #SID2019, #SaferInternetDay and #SaferInternetDay2019.
And while Safer Internet Day may have passed for this year, the campaign's messages - and general awareness raising on online safety issues - should continue all year round. Visit the Better Internet for Kids (BIK) portal regularly to keep up to date, find awareness-raising resources in our resource galleries, and subscribe to the quarterly BIK bulletin for updates direct to your inbox.
And finally, as one SID comes to a close, so we start planning for the next! Already save the date for Safer Internet Day 2020, taking place on Tuesday, 11 February 2020, when - once again - we'll join forces across the globe to work "Together for a better internet".
* Safer Internet Day (SID) is organised by the joint Insafe-INHOPE network, with the support of the European Commission, with funding provided by the Connecting Europe Facility programme (CEF). Find out more about the EC's ‘European Strategy for a Better Internet for Children' on the Digital Agenda website.
We invite you to keep an eye on this section for the latest news and articles about the campaign:
- Safer Internet Day in Bulgaria – Launch of the #YouAreTheHero campaign
- Large-scale research on children's online safety for SID in Greece
- Microsoft's Council for Digital Good, six months later
- Safer Internet Day 2019 – Great celebrations in Greece
- A Scientix Ambassador's perspective on SID 2019
- Safer Internet Day 2019 – yet another roaring success!
- Together for a better internet - on Safer Internet Day and beyond!
- Safer Internet Day is not just on 5 February, but everyday - Looking back on a year of changes in EU policy (1 week until SID)
- SID 2019 in Albania: National forum on online safety for children and adolescents (Albania)
- Make the most of SID 2019 for your children/pupils! (2 weeks until SID)
- Youth – Get involved in Safer Internet Day 2019! (3 weeks until SID)
- Support the #SID2019 campaign on Twibbon
- 10 ways to get involved in Safer Internet Day 2019 (Ireland)
- SID 2019 in Denmark: digital rights and GDPR (Denmark)