Brazil Safer Internet Day Committee - SaferNet Brazil
About our SID activities
Returning to the context of face-to-face events in 2023, we will have a hybrid agenda. We choose to focus on the issue of emerging technologies and challenges to the development of digital safety skills. The objective is to strengthen a multistakeholder nationwide effort to implement in practice and at-scale programs and projects in line with the guidelines already provided for in the regulatory frameworks in place.
Planned activities for the week include:
- a hybrid multisectoral HUB event with international speakers, Law Enforcement Actors, Private Partners and decision-makers, both online and in-person, to discuss child online safety and well-being challenges and opportunities, including demos of new safety features and resources. The event will be transmitted online through www.diadainternetsegura.org.br . In this opportunity, SaferNet will release the annual Hotline and Helpline Reports regarding 2022;
- III Youth Summit to discuss the future of digital citizenship: here will be an official reunion of Youth Leaders on Digital Citizenship in Brazil, with +15 youth representatives from all the 5 regions of the country. These youth leaders are co-creating a Plan of Action to impact their states and regions during the month of February, that involve strategic partnerships and influencing the agenda of local actors to raise awareness about online safety and well-being;
- Child consultation about online safety in gaming: we hope to be able to provide more qualitative data about children's experiences with online opportunities and harms, including VR and AR emerging technologies;
- Youth dialogue Brazil - Portugal: Online meeting between youth leaders from Brazil and Portugal, sharing best practices and future plans around digital citizenship;
- Digital Citizenship Education Curriculum Workshop: Workshop meeting organized by SaferNet Brasil and FCDO-UK with key stakeholders to discuss online safety at digital education in Brazil. This is part of Digital Access Program (DAP) agenda in Brazil, highlighting digital citizenship and well-being at public education curriculum.
- New material launch events with educational resources and remote educational events at schools and NGOs in decentralized events.
What we are doing to support the SID 2023 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
What we are doing to mark the 20th anniversary of Safer Internet Day…
We celebrate the 15th edition in Brazil in 2023 and the strength of cooperation between the various sectors to allow the continuity of these mobilizations. We celebrate the resistance and engagement of everyone who works to anticipate or face the challenges brought by the rapid and disruptive transformations of digital technologies, always having the defense of human rights as a reference.
SID Brazil has been coordinated by SaferNet since 2009 in a close partnership with the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee (CGI.br), the Brazilian Network Information Center (NIC.br), UNICEF, the Federal Prosecutors Office and, in 2023, has support from Google, Youtube, Meta, TikTok and Vivo.