Papua New Guinea Safer Internet Day Committee - National Information and Communications Technology Authority
Last updated: 2022-01-28
About our SID activities
Briefly, a few highlights during February by the Papua New Guinea (PNG) Safer Internet Committee (PNGSIC) to help raise visibility of the campaign theme and key issues include:
- Formal launch via press conference of PNG’s national SID 2022 campaign on Tuesday 8 February by Minister ICT, Secretary DICT, CEO NICTA and the PNGSIC.
- SID 2022 Press Release by Minister ICT and CEO NICTA on Tuesday 8 February in dailies Post Courier and The National.
- PNGSIC to release the publication of a “Parents guide to being Cybersmart” on the occasion of Safer Internet Day 2022 on Tuesday 8 February.
- Dedicated social media campaign highlighting key messages and commemorative activities by the PNG Safer Internet Committee on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- TV and radio awareness via EMTV, NBC 90.7, FM100 and 97HotFM.
- Various commemorative initiatives by PNGSIC supporters as per the indicative PNGSIC campaign action plan. All activities will be carried out in observation of the niupela pasin safety measures.
What we are doing to support the SID 2022 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
During the SID 2022 campaign in February, the PNGSIC is united in its stance to promote more respectful, positive and safer interactions online for children, parents, young people and adults, consistent with the SID 2022 theme of "Together for a better internet".
The National ICT Authority (NICTA) facilitates the annual Safer Internet Day (SID) campaign in collaboration with the Papua New Guinea (PNG) Safer Internet Committee (PNGSIC). PNG’s national SID campaign will run from 1-28 February 2022.