Rwanda Safer Internet Day Committee - Internet Society Rwanda Chapter
About our SID activities
- The Internet Society engages in a wide spectrum of internet issues, including policy, governance, technology, and development. We establish and promote principles that are intended to empower everyone to use technology responsibly, respectfully, critically, and creatively. Everything we do is based on ensuring that a healthy, sustainable internet is available to everyone – today and tomorrow.
- We are building and promoting internet for education.
- We are training the next generations of internet engineers, entrepreneurs and leaders.
- We are advocating for the internet.
Every year, ISOC Rwanda Chapter organises celebrations of Safer Internet Day (SID) in Rwanda to inform the public about risks associated with the use of technology, build needed capacity in every member of the community to use the internet responsibly, respectfully, critically and creatively, and calls on everyone to play an active role in making the internet a better place for children to learn and innovate.
Our theme for this year edition is "Children's privacy in the age of Social media".
What we are doing to support the SID 2023 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
We all have the power to help make the internet a more welcoming, accessible and secure place for everyone.
This year, we will engage schools in the awareness campaign activities to promote the safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children, young and adult people.
We believe that the internet will be a safe place for everyone if young generations, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, lawyers, civil society and policymakers join together to create a better internet.
What we are doing to mark the 20th anniversary of Safer Internet Day…
We will engage different organizations for collaborative efforts to promote a better and safer Internet for everyone in Rwanda.
The Internet Society supports and promotes the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society.
Our work aligns with our goals for the Internet to be open, globally-connected, secure, and trustworthy. We seek collaboration with all who share these goals.
Together, we focus on:
- Building and supporting the communities that make the Internet work;
- Advancing the development and application of Internet infrastructure, technologies, and open standards; and
- Advocating for policy that is consistent with our view of the Internet