Spanish Safer Internet Centre - Internet Segura for Kids (IS4K)
About our SID activities
To celebrate Safer Internet Day (SID) 2022, INCIBE through IS4K will carry out different activities under the general motto 'Together for a better internet', especially focused on the development of digital cybersecurity skills in the social media environment.
On 8 February 2022, there will be a public event which will also be streamed online. The morning agenda is specifically designed for educational centres and will count on sign language interpreters.
- P2P conversation: the vision of youngsters for a more cyber-safe experience on social networks (for ages 12 and up). A conversation with young representatives of the Childhood Platform Spain (the Spanish youth panel) and the Microsoft Council for Digital Good.
- Self-regulation and social networks (from 12 years). Practical talk on learning personal self-regulation in social networks, in which the audience can actively participate.
- Cybersecurity theatre: 'Everything for a like' (recommended for ages 9 and up). Theatrical performance that, through the experience of an influencer, invites us to reflect on the limits of privacy in the use of social networks.
In addition, educational centers will be able to participate in two free online workshops:
- Online workshop 'Circles of trust on the internet' (from 5 to 8 years old): to reflect on friendships in the real world and the internet and the information that is shared online, in preparation for improving their cybersecurity and privacy skills before the first contact with social networks.
- Online workshop 'Detect scams on the internet' (from 9 years): to help young people develop their critical judgment and identify fraudulent messages online.
During the workshops, each student will develop an individual practical activity in the classroom and also the whole class will participate in a global gamified dynamic.
These workshops are held in collaboration with the National Institute of Educational Technologies and Teacher Training (INTEF) within the framework of the European Schoolnet initiative 'The School of Social Networks’.
The afternoon session on 8 February will be dedicated to families, educators and the senior public, as reference environments for a positive digital experience for kids and youth.
- Workshop for educators: 'Digital skills for safe use on the internet', in collaboration with INTEF.
- Workshop for families: 'Social networks in adolescence. How to guide and accompany them?'.
- Practical talk for senior audiences.
The next day, 9 February 2022, the agenda will include two online workshops for citizens aimed at identifying risks and fraud.
Find all the information about the event at www.incibe.es/sid.
INCIBE and IS4K will promote the event and ask their followers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to join SID 2022 by using the hashtags #SID2022 and #DiadeInternetSegura.
Moreover, the SIC-Spain project partners contribute to the dissemination and impact of SID, by carrying out awareness-raising activities and their participation in the planned event.
What we are doing to support the SID 2022 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
Together for a better Internet!
- Raising awareness and training minors, young people, families, educators and professionals working with minors, through the development of national campaigns, initiatives and programmes.
- Offering a helpline service to advise and assist minors, families, educators and professionals working with minors on how to face risks on the internet: harmful contents, dangerous contacts and inappropriate behaviours.
- Organising Safer Internet Day (SID) in Spain.
- Boosting the Spanish Youth Panel to show how children and adolescents can help in creating a safer internet through cyber security and the responsible use of the network, looking for positive opportunities to create, participate and share useful content for everyone.
- Reducing the availability of criminal content on the internet, mainly related to child abuse, giving support to law enforcement agencies.