Spanish Safer Internet Centre - Internet Segura for Kids (IS4K)
About our SID activities
For Safer Internet Day 2023, the Spanish National Cybersecurity Institute (INCIBE) in charge of the Safer Internet Centre IS4K organised celebrations and learning activities during the second week of February, under the general motto 'Together for a better internet', especially focused on the development of cybersecurity and online safety digital skills for the appropriate growth and development of children on the digital environment.
This year, on 7 February 2023, more than 4,000 schools and more than 81,300 pupils participated in the free online workshops, developed in collaboration with the National Institute of Educational Technologies and Teacher Training (INTEF).
- Online workshop 'Create your secret password' (from 6 to 8 years old): to work with youngest pupils on clear and simple guidelines to create secure and easy-to-remember passwords.
- Online workshop 'Detect scams on the internet' (from 9 to 12 years old): to help young people develop their critical judgment and identify fraudulent messages online.
- Online workshop 'Learning how to adjust settings on our devices' (from 13 years old): to learn about security, privacy, and wellness features available on their devices and social media accounts.
The following days, from 8 to 10 February 2023, INCIBE deployed a school fair at the Congress Hall of the Spanish city of León, where the agenda included organised routes for school groups consisting of cybersecurity workshops, theatre plays and gymkhana, where more than 1,000 pupils attended the activities.
And finally, the afternoon sessions in the Congress Hall were dedicated to families and the senior public, as reference environments for a positive digital experience for kids and youth.
Find all the information about the event at www.incibe.es/sid.
INCIBE and IS4K promoted the event and ask their followers on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to join SID 2023 with the hashtags #SID2023 and #DíaDeInternetSegura.
Moreover, the SIC-Spain project partners contributed to the dissemination and impact of SID, by carrying out awareness-raising activities about their participation in the celebrations.
What we are doing to support the SID 2023 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
What we are doing to support the 20th edition of Safer Internet Day…
- Raising awareness and training minors, young people, families, educators and professionals working with minors, through the development of national campaigns, initiatives and programmes.
- Offering a helpline service to advise and assist minors, families, educators and professionals working with minors on how to face risks on the internet: harmful contents, dangerous contacts and inappropriate behaviours.
- Organising Safer Internet Day (SID) in Spain.
- Boosting the Spanish Youth Panel to show how children and adolescents can help in creating a safer internet through cyber security and the responsible use of the network, looking for positive opportunities to create, participate and share useful content for everyone.
- Reducing the availability of criminal content on the internet, mainly related to child abuse, giving support to law enforcement agencies.