Swedish Safer Internet Day Supporter - Statens Medierad
Last updated: 2021-01-25
About our SID activities
On Safer Internet Day (SID) 2021, The Media Council will arrange a national webinar about online safety for children. We will also release a research overview on cyberbullying. More information will follow shortly.
What we are doing to support the SID 2021 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
The Swedish Media Council produces information and pedagogical material to be used by parents, educators and people who meet children and young people in their profession. The Media Council also publishes reports and other material on developments in the media, media effects and the media situation of children and young people.
Together with the children's rights organisation Bris, The Media Council forms a Swedish “Safer Internet Center" with a mission to make the internet a better place for children and young people.
The Swedish Media Council is a government agency whose primary task is to promote the empowering of minors as conscious media users and to protect them from harmful media influences.
The Media Council gathers relevant research and disseminates information on media development, media effects and media use regarding children and young people.
The Council also classifies films for public screening. The ratings reflect whether the films are liable to harm the well-being of children.
- Children, youth and media (Barn, unga och medier)
- Pictures and realities (Bilder och verkligheter)
- Propaganda and the power of images (Propaganda och bilders makt)
- Gender norms in the imagery (Könsnormer I bildspråket)
- Digital media on parental YouTube (Digitala medier på föräldriska - YouTube)
- Hatred and abuse on the internet - a guide for parents (Hat och kränkningar på internet - en vägledning för föräldrar)
- Publicist guide (Publicistguiden)
- More, more often and for longer time. Children and youngsters with NDD on internet