German Safer Internet Centre
About our SID activities
The EU initiative klicksafe is calling on institutions, foundations, companies, schools, youth organisations, educational institutions, associations and also private individuals throughout Germany to participate in Safer Internet Day on 7 February 2023 with their own contributions and projects. There are many ways to do this - due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, a wider range of digital formats, virtual workshops and online information on the topics of internet safety and media literacy can be expected.
For Safer Internet Day 2023, klicksafe is focusing on the topic “#OnlineAmLimit – dein Netz. dein Leben. deine Grenzen.” (Online at the limit - your net. your life. your limits.) at the centre of its campaign and calls for participation nationwide. Safer Internet Day, which takes place on February 7, 2023, is coordinated by klicksafe in Germany.
To raise awareness and strengthen digital resilience, klicksafe provides numerous materials and creates space for addressing the issue at various levels:
• Current figures from a representative klicksafe survey will show how our digital health is doing.
• For school lessons and extracurricular youth work, klicksafe experts created the Digital Detox Box in 2023. The collection of methods for educational work by klicksafe and Handysektor is available at https://www.klicksafe.de/materialien/digital-detox-box.
• Materials with information and tips will also be made available for parents to support dialogue about digital media use in the family.
• Content and discussions will be available on social networks under the hashtags #OnlineAmLimit and #SID2023, for example
• A social media participation campaign focusing on everyday life situations where users found themselves wanting to do something specific and then getting stuck on social media or online gaming. Users can post their “#expectation vs. #reality”-moments using a special template (https://www.klicksafe.de/sid23/mitmachaktion) and #OnlineAmLimit.
• klicksafe offers once again a profile picture generator that turns your picture into a statement in support of this year’s SID campaign: https://www.klicksafe.de/en/sid23/profilbildgenerator
All interested parties are called upon to participate in the day of action, to become active and creative and thus contribute to this year's thematic focus. Planned actions can be entered at klicksafe.de/sid and will be presented on our website (https://www.klicksafe.de/sid23/veranstaltungen).
What we are doing to support the SID 2023 slogan of "Together for a better internet"…
What we are doing to mark the 20th anniversary of Safer Internet Day…
It's time to celebrate! The SID highlights from the last 20 years will be presented at klicksafe.de/sid.